- 2008- Joined the SPD on Reformation Day
- 2011-present : Chair, committee on Christians, Saxony-Anhalt SPD
- 2011-2014: Chair, local SPD association, Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- 2012-present: Chair, Wittenberg district SPD association,
- 2012-present: Regional party conference delegate
- 2014-present: Spokesman, committee on culture, Saxony-Anhalt SPD
- 2014-present: Member of 'Ostdeutschland der Sozialdemokratie e.V.' (Social Democratic East Germany) forum
- 2014-present: Spokesman, committee on Europe, Saxony-Anhalt SPD
- 2014-present: Member of executive, local SPD association, Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- 2015-present: Delegate to PES congress
- 2015-present: Federal Party Conference delegate
Wittenberg County Chapter
The 180 members strong SPD District Association of Wittenberg is represented by 8 local associations throughout Wittenberg County. We are the link to the policy-makers of the SPD, whether in council or the individual local councils, in the state, at the federal level, or of course to Europe.
On the site of the District Association of Wittenberg, www.spd-wittenberg.de, you can find all of the information about our work, our news and press releases, and you can also contact the local associations in your region. As county chairman, I invite you cordially to contact us. This is a good way to give suggestions, praise, and criticism.
Committee on Europe
The Regional Committee on Europe deals with current and relevant European issues. Objectives of the Committee include the promotion of a social and democratic Europe and the profiling of the SPD in Saxony-Anhalt European related issues. The Committee encourages and supports the European political commitment to the SPD Landesverband Sachsen- Anhalt. The Committee is open to non-members of the SPD. If you are interested to get involved in the Committee on European, contact me at: email@example.com.
Committee on Culture
Saxony-Anhalt is full of culture. The cultural heritage from the Middle Ages of Otto I. to the Reformation with Martin Luther and his colleagues to modern day Bauhaus. With four UNESCO World Heritage Sites - the Luther Memorials Foundation of Saxony-Anhalt, the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation, the Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Realm and the old town Quedlinburg - our state has the highest number in Germany. With the Reformation anniversary in 2017 and the Bauhaus anniversary in 2019, there are world class events waiting to be discovered. The contemporary cultural scene with theaters and orchestras as well as the many smaller cultural institutions is varied and exciting. The Regional Culture Committee accompanies the cultural policy in the country, looking for exchanges and discussions between artists, cultural leaders and political representatives in order to promote and advocate for an active and formative cultural policy. The Committee is open to all cultural and politico-cultural people interested.
The Regional Christians Committee is a loose association of Protestant and Catholic Social Democrats who work within the party to promote dialogue and cooperation with churches and other religious communities. The working group wants to make Christian beliefs for social democratic policies fertile. At the federal level, an open meeting with leaders of the SPD and the churches takes place annually in cooperation with the SPD parliamentary group.